CSX - Old US-70 Overpass
Old US-70 underpass under CSX Transportation's Blue Ridge Subdivision.
- Concrete rigid frame bridge on CSX Transportation Inc. (CSXT), Blue Ridge Subdivision
- Marion, McDowell County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Originally built by the Clinchfield Railroad in 1921 to cross US-70, it was quickly deemed too narrow & US-70 bypassed this overpass just a few feet to the north.
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Concrete rigid frame
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.69783, -81.98199 (decimal degrees)
35°41'52" N, 81°58'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/411157/3950878 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Marion East
- Inventory number
- BH 58157 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 7, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "CSX Railroad", "Railroad"
- September 24, 2013: Added by Michael Miller