CSX - Lake James Bridge
Lake James Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Miller in September 2013
BH Photo #267123
Deck Truss bridge on CSX lines (former Clinchfield) crossing the Catawba River/backwaters of Lake James. NBI lists the bridge type as Steel Stringer, but the main span appears to be Deck Truss. NBI also lists construction date as 1950, but plaque on bridge shows 1907 construction date.
- Deck truss bridge over SR 1501/Yancey Road on Clinchfield Rr
- McDowell County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Built 1907
- - Pennsylvania Steel Co. of Steelton, Pennsylvania
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Carolina, Clinchfield & Ohio Railroad (CCO)
- Deck Truss
Length of largest span: 18.0 ft.
Total length: 811.1 ft.
- Also called
- Clinchfield - Lake James Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.71890, -81.98982 (decimal degrees)
35°43'08" N, 81°59'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/410472/3953223 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Marion East
- Inventory number
- BH 58083 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- September 24, 2013: Updated by Michael Miller: Updated "Date Built" & "Description"
- September 20, 2013: Added by Michael Miller