BH Photo #341333
About ten miles down river from this bridge is where the filming sites of the movie "Deliverance" begin.
- Pony truss bridge over Chattooga River on FDR 1178 (Bull Pen Road)
- Macon County, North Carolina, and Jackson County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Built 1934
- Other pony truss
Length of largest span: 79.7 ft.
Total length: 81.7 ft.
Deck width: 11.8 ft.
- Also called
- Chattooga River Bridge
Bull Pen Bridge
Ammons Branch Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.01597, -83.12639 (decimal degrees)
35°00'58" N, 83°07'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/305985/3876880 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 23288 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 11.4 (out of 100)
- November 16, 2015: Updated by Andy Peters: adds Jackson County, N.C.; adds "Iron Bridge" name
- November 7, 2012: Updated by Don Morrison: Fixed map and noted that FDR 1178 is also called Bull Pen Road
- Don Morrison
- Andy Peters - anpete1971 [at] gmail [dot] com