CSX - East Market Street Bridge
The 1960 build date may be for a rehab or addition. From beneath the bridge it appears to have concrete encased steel stringers with an added concrete stringer section widening it.
- Steel stringer bridge over East Market St-US 70 Bus on CSX RR
- Smithfield, Johnston County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- - Atlantic Coast Line Railroad (ACL)
- CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Seaboard Coast Line Railroad (SCL)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 43.0 ft.
Total length: 158.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.50726, -78.33729 (decimal degrees)
35°30'26" N, 78°20'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/741496/3932559 (zone/easting/northing)
- 153 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 87848 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 19, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs