W Main Street Southern Railway Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in May 2017
BH Photo #390254
Dimensions are estimates. Photographs are of replacement bridge. When this bridge was replaced in 2008 it was the oldest existing span on the North Carolina Railroad. Structural Steel Products Corporation of Clayton, NC is the builder for new bridge.
- Deck plate girder bridge over W Main St on SOURR
- Johnston County, North Carolina
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1900
- - Pennsylvania Bridge Co. of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
- Structural Steel Products Corporation
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Southern Railway (SOU)
- Deck plate girder
Span length: 57.0 ft.
Total length: 57.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
- Also called
- W Main Street Norfolk Southern Railway Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.66393, -78.47160 (decimal degrees)
35°39'50" N, 78°28'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/728865/3949619 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 77086 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 19, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com