Neuse River CSX Transportation Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in May 2017
BH Photo #390901
Dimensions are estimates
Was double-track, double-bridge at some point previously. Now single-track, single-bridge over double width piers.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Neuse River on CSXTRR
- Smithfield, Johnston County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Seaboard Coast Line Railroad (SCL)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 279.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Also called
- Neuse River Seaboard Coast Line Railroad Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.48125, -78.36926 (decimal degrees)
35°28'52" N, 78°22'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/738672/3929595 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Four Oaks NE
- Inventory number
- BH 77080 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 19, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com