Keeling Road Bridge
Keeling Road Bridge pano1
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in April 2015
BH Photo #321024
The stone arch portion of the bridge dates from about 1927. The steel stringer added to widen the bridge was built in 1940.
"The bridge probably dates from about 1927, the year Scales built his mansion on the west shore of the lake opposite the dam."-NCDOT
- Concrete arch bridge over Lake Hamilton Creek on Keeling Road in Greensboro
- Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Built 1927
Span length: 32.2 ft.
Total length: 32.2 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.08611, -79.86444 (decimal degrees)
36°05'10" N, 79°51'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/602235/3994096 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1998)
- Inventory numbers
- NC 810510 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 23260 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 77.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 9, 2015: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: changed build date-added description
- April 5, 2015: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com