Sloans Ferry Bridge
Distant elevation of south side
Photo taken by Matt Lohry in January 2017
This bridge has very limited access with no shoulders or sidewalks, which makes it very difficult to photograph.
- Steel stringer bridge over Catawba River on U.S. Highways 29 & 74 (Wilkinson Boulevard)
- Belmont, Gaston County, North Carolina, and Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Built 1933
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 80.1 ft.
Total length: 1,124.1 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
- Also called
- Soldiers Memorial Bridge, Catawba River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.24577, -81.00914 (decimal degrees)
35°14'45" N, 81°00'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/499168/3900298 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NC 710091 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 48286 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 56.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- January 31, 2017: Updated by Matt Lohry: Updated basic information
- February 27, 2011: Added by Chris Patriarca