Sloans Ferry Bridge
Distant elevation of south side
Photo taken by Matt Lohry in January 2017
BH Photo #377236
This bridge has very limited access with no shoulders or sidewalks, which makes it very difficult to photograph.
- Steel stringer bridge over Catawba River on U.S. Highways 29 & 74 (Wilkinson Boulevard)
- Belmont, Gaston County, North Carolina, and Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Built 1933
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 80.1 ft.
Total length: 1,124.1 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
- Also called
- Soldiers Memorial Bridge, Catawba River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.24577, -81.00914 (decimal degrees)
35°14'45" N, 81°00'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/499168/3900298 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NC 710091 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 48286 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 56.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- January 31, 2017: Updated by Matt Lohry: Updated basic information
- February 27, 2011: Added by Chris Patriarca