5th Street Southern Railway Bridge
5th Street Southern Railway Bridge pano3
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in June 2015
BH Photo #330090
Total length and width are estimates.
- 1928 Pony/through plate girder bridge over 5th St on SOURR/NSRR
- Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Southern Railway (SOU)
- Pony plate girder with flooring system
Length of largest span: 62.0 ft.
Total length: 155.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.10023, -80.24231 (decimal degrees)
36°06'01" N, 80°14'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/568203/3995331 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- NC 670304 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 68077 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1991)
- June 22, 2015: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- June 17, 2015: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com