Bailey Power Plant Bridge
RJ Reynolds Plant Bridge pano1
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in June 2015
BH Photo #330583
Dimensions are estimates. Number of spans is an estimate from pictures. Date of bridge is undeterminable at this time. Plant built in 1906 and bought by R.J. Reynolds in 1924. Plant was upgraded in 1926 and 1948. Rail line is not specifically mentioned.
- Steel stringer bridge over Power Plant on SOURR spur (ABN)
- Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1906. Expanded 1926 and 1948
- Steel stringer
Total length: 499.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.09945, -80.24175 (decimal degrees)
36°05'58" N, 80°14'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/568253/3995244 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Winston-Salem East
- Inventory number
- BH 68178 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 28, 2015: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- June 25, 2015: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com