5th Street Pedestrian Walkway Bridges
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in June 2015
BH Photo #330080
There are actually three pedestrian bridges and a utility truss crossing 5th street here. The Pratt Utility truss has been removed during renovation. Do not know if they will replace it. The 6th Floor Pratt truss has been stripped but still remains as of this posting. The 2nd floor steel stringer has been stripped and still remains as of this posting. The last bridge is on the east side of the Railroad bridges. Bridge design unknown.
- 1927 Truss bridge over NC 1508 on a pedestrian walkway in Winston-Salem
- Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1927
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 49.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.10049, -80.23946 (decimal degrees)
36°06'02" N, 80°14'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/568459/3995361 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Winston-Salem East
- Inventory numbers
- NC 670595 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 23253 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 22, 2015: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- June 16, 2015: New Street View added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com