American Tobacco Trail Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in December 2017
BH Photo #413658
Dimensions are estimates.
"The bridge is the second bicycle/pedestrian bridge in the United States with an arch-support, stress-ribbon design. Its completion means the American Tobacco Trail now extends from N.C. Highway 54 at Fayetteville Road to the Chatham County line and beyond. It also fills a link in the East Coast Greenway, which runs from Florida to Maine."-http://www.wral.com/tobacco-trail-bridge-over-i-40-opens/134...
- Deck arch bridge over I-40 on American Tobacco Trail
- Durham, Durham County, North Carolina
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 2012-2014 2nd trail bridge in the US with an arch-support, stress-ribbon design
- Steel arch
Length of largest span: 270.0 ft.
Total length: 268.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.90736, -78.94324 (decimal degrees)
35°54'27" N, 78°56'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/685599/3975628 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Southwest Durham
- Inventory number
- BH 79581 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 17, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- December 16, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com