N&W - Unnamed Creek Bridge
Built in 1930, at the beginning of the approach to the Little river Bridge a few hundred yards North. This line was originally completed in 1890, so this bridge was added later, or perhaps replaced an earlier version as a way to prevent erosion. On NC Gamelands so public access, but best to avoid deer hunting season to ensure good relations with hunters.
See a map of NC Railroads in 1890. This line is listed as "Lynchburg & Durham Railroad (comp. <1890)"
- Concrete culvert bridge over Unnamed Creek on Norfolk & Western Railway
- Durham County, North Carolina
- Built in 1930, decades after the line was in place
- - Lynchburg & Durham Railroad (L&D)
- Norfolk & Western Railway (N&W)
- Poured concrete culvert over un-named creek. Clearly marked "1930".
Length of largest span: 15.0 ft.
Total length: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.08411, -78.85819 (decimal degrees)
36°05'03" N, 78°51'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/692844/3995401 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Northeast Durham
- Inventory number
- BH 70576 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 15, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- January 18, 2016: Added by Bob
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com