Norfolk and Western and Southern-Chapel Hill Street Overpass (E)
N&W & Southern-W Chapel Hill Street Overpass (E)
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in February 2015
BH Photo #316435
Two Bridges here. East bridge girders read "Norfolk and Western and Southern". The West bridge girders read "Seaboard Air Line".
- Steel stringer bridge over W Chapel Hill St on NSRR/SALRR/N&W & Southern RR
- Durham, Durham County, North Carolina
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1960
- - Norfolk & Western Railway (N&W)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Seaboard Air Line Railway (SAL)
- Steel stringer west bridge. Deck girder with flooring system east bridge.
Length of largest span: 21.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
- Skew angle
- 45 degrees
- Also called
- SAL-Chapel Hill Overpass (E)
NS-Chapel Hill Overpass (E)
CXS-Chapel Hill Overpass (E)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.99697, -78.90573 (decimal degrees)
35°59'49" N, 78°54'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/688771/3985640 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Southwest Durham
- Inventory numbers
BH 66053 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 16, 2015: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com