Grayden Paul Bridge
Photo taken by North Carolina Department of Transportation
BH Photo #157660
- Bascule bridge over Beaufort Channel on US 70 in Beaufort
- Beaufort, Carteret County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- This bridge will be demolished fall 2017 if marketing is unsuccessful.
- Built 1957
- Deck plate girder double leaf bascule
Length of largest span: 141.1 ft.
Total length: 672.9 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Bridge 29 Carteret County
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.72250, -76.66917 (decimal degrees)
34°43'21" N, 76°40'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/347165/3843538 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numers
- NC 310029 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 23238 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 46.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 22, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Changed name
- June 27, 2013: New photos from Nathan Holth
- March 11, 2010: Updated by Matthew Ridpath: Added Street View
- March 11, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Bridge is being marketed and will be replaced.