Broad River Bridge
Lost through truss bridge that as of 9/18/2013, was demolished and in the process of being replaced with a newer structure.
"No builder's plaque or plans record the name of the manufacturer of this bridge or its date of construction. The state's bridge maintenance records note that unspecified change were made to it in 1959 and list that as its erection date. The bridge is clearly older and probably dates to about 1920. There is no indication, documentary or physical, that the bridge has ever been relocated or significantly altered."-NCDOT
- Lost through truss bridge over Broad River on NC 2797
- Buncombe County, North Carolina
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built ca. 1920
- Riveted, 5-panel, Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 102.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.51083, -82.25528 (decimal degrees)
35°30'39" N, 82°15'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/386167/3930419 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Black Mountain
- Inventory numbers
- NC 210655 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 23228 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 19.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2000)
- August 9, 2015: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Edit description-changed build date
- September 18, 2013: Updated by Michael Miller: Changed "Status" and "Overview. Added "Year Lost" and "Description"
- March 11, 2010: Updated by Matthew Ridpath: Added Street View
- Matthew Ridpath
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com