E. Oakview Road Bridge
Just a screenshot, from street view, before that is gone, too.
Photo taken by Jimmy Walters
BH Photo #486244
1930 construction date given by NBI is likely incorrect.
- Lost pony truss bridge over Hominy Creek on E. Oakview Road in Asheville
- Buncombe County, North Carolina
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1930.
- Single story double truss Bailey bridge, single span.
Length of largest span: 101.1 ft.
Total length: 106.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.55389, -82.60361 (decimal degrees)
35°33'14" N, 82°36'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/354654/3935652 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1989)
- Inventory numbers
- NC 210052 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 23229 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 92.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 22, 2020: New photo from Jimmy Walters
- July 6, 2015: Updated by Andy Peters: Bridge demolished and replaced
- March 23, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added Street View and Corrected Bridge Type.
- Nathan Holth
- Andy Peters - anpete1971 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Jimmy Walters