Goat Island Driveway Bridge
Photo taken by Matthew Ridpath in May 2010
BH Photo #190029
Built to serve a house that burned down in the late 1980s. The decking is actually pierced (or perforated) steel planking (PSP).
- Abandoned warren pony truss bridge over Haw River (West Channel) on Driveway
- Burlington, Alamance County, North Carolina
- - Dude Hawking of Burlington, North Carolina (Erector)
- Two spans, one Warren pony truss with riveted connections, and one Pratt pony truss with riveted connections.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.10933, -79.39233 (decimal degrees)
36°06'34" N, 79°23'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/644701/3997270 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 47177 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 26, 2017: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: description
- August 23, 2017: Updated by Dave King: Added category "Steel grate deck"
- August 22, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added landowner/erector name
- December 7, 2010: New photos from Matthew Ridpath
- November 30, 2010: Added by Nathan Holth