Old Darby Road Bridge
The Bridge from the southwest side.
Photo taken by Matthew Harris in August 2010
BH Photo #172778
Old Darby Road was the road between Hamilton and Darby before the construction of Highway 93, in the 1930s. Presumably, the bridge was built sometime between the settling of the area (1870s) and then. It now does not carry significant traffic, since Old Darby Road is a gravel road with a few scattered homes.
- Through truss bridge over Bitterroot River on Old Darby Road
- Ravalli County, Montana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1917; rehabilitated 2001
- Polygonal Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 160.1 ft.
Total length: 164.1 ft.
Deck width: 14.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.09222, -114.17556 (decimal degrees)
46°05'32" N, 114°10'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/718336/5108172 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 3800 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2003)
- Inventory number
- BH 45896 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 76 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 23, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- March 25, 2012: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- November 23, 2011: Removed duplicate page, merged NBI data
- August 15, 2010: Added by Matthew Harris
- Matthew Harris - mnharris [at] gmail [dot] com
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net