Bitterroot Railroad Bridge
The top of the bridge, looking south.
Photo taken by Matthew Harris in August 2010
This bridge carries Montana Rail Link traffic on the route from Missoula to the southern Bitterroot Valley. The Montana Rail Link line through the Bitterroot Valley is still functional, but trains use it very rarely: I can only think of one or two that I have seen in the last year. So this bridge does not get much traffic.
- Pony truss bridge over Bitterroot River on Railroad
- Ravalli County, Montana
- Open to traffic
- Main span: Warren pony truss with vertical endposts
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.19827, -114.16804 (decimal degrees)
46°11'54" N, 114°10'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/718496/5119975 (zone/easting/northing)
- 3600 ft. above sea level
- USGS topographic map
- Hamilton South
- Inventory number
- BH 45858 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 26, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- March 25, 2012: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- August 11, 2010: Added by Matthew Harris
- Matthew Harris - mnharris [at] gmail [dot] com
- Craig Philpott - cphilpott [at] puc [dot] edu