Musselshell River Bridge
Photo taken by Jack Schmidt in July 24 2013
BH Photo #272613
This bridge has been removed but is still intact. A new bridge was constructed and finished in the early winter 2016. A local rancher and his wife have has become owners of the old bridge and have moved it onto their property. It now sits on blocks in a field on the south side of Highway 12 about 1/2 mile upstream from its original location.
- Through truss bridge over Musselshell River on CR 104
- Musselshell County, Montana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1894
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 122.1 ft.
Total length: 159.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.46917, -108.38972 (decimal degrees)
46°28'09" N, 108°23'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/700401/5149488 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2003)
- Inventory number
- BH 23110 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 26.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 9, 2014: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- David Jones - david2jpix [at] yahoo [dot] com