Oldest timber bridge in Montana. Completed by stonemason Carlo Morelli.
- Timber stringer bridge over Benton Ave on Howie Street
- Helena, Lewis and Clark County, Montana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1881; rehabilitated 1974
- - Carlo Morelli
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 24.3 ft.
Total length: 93.2 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- Howie Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.58556, -112.04444 (decimal degrees)
46°35'08" N, 112°02'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/419983/5159639 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2002)
- Inventory number
- BH 56589 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 53.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 15, 2013: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- June 12, 2013: Added by K. A. Erickson