CR 305 Bridge
CR 305 Bridge Over Locate Creek
View from the northwest
Photo taken by David Jones in April 2017
Locate Creek Bridge is the oldest known steel stringer bridge in Montana. Dating to 1901, this bridge was one of ten built by Custer County between 1901 and 1912. Reference - Jon Axline's book "Monuments Above The Water", page 102.
- Steel stringer bridge over Locate Creek 045 on CR 305
- Custer County, Montana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1901
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 39.0 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Also called
- Locate Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.47489, -105.30456 (decimal degrees)
46°28'30" N, 105°18'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/476620/5146858 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 76644 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Not deficient
Sufficiency rating: 71.6 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- April 19, 2017: Added by David Jones
- David Jones - david2jpix [at] yahoo [dot] com