Fort Benton Bridge[Map · Street View] Completed by the Benton Bridge Co. as a toll bridge to connect Judith River Basin trade with the Great Northern RR and Missouri River shipping. Chouteau Co. purchased the bridge in 1896. Vehicle traffic was closed in 1963. Open to pedestrians Built in 1888 by Benton Bridge Co. as toll bridge. Chouteau County purchased 1896. The swing span was lost to flood 1908, and replaced with fixed span in 1921. Closed to traffic in 1963.