Sun River Circa 1912
Old Postcard View
BH Photo #383425
One span relocated to Swede Gulch East of Lincoln in Lewis & Clark County in 1983.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Sun River on Simms Fairfield Road (Rte 565)
- Simms, Cascade County, Montana
- Partial collapse in 1975, replaced in 1983
- Built 1912; one span collapsed due to collision in 1975; other span replaced and relocated in 1983.
- - Midland Bridge Co. of Kansas City, Missouri
- (2)7-panel, pinned Pratt through trusses
Length of largest span: 127.0 ft.
Total length: 254.0 ft.
- Also called
- Simms-Fairfield Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.50241, -111.93341 (decimal degrees)
47°30'09" N, 111°56'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/429705/5261419 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 76159 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 17, 2020: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- October 23, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type
- March 17, 2017: Added by Dana and Kay Klein