Bridge Street Bridge
This bridge was built by Cascade County and the federal government in 1923 for $22,430. It replaced a wooden bridge dating to 1890. This bridge was widened in 1897 to a two lane bridge meaning, two wagons could pass by each other on the bridge.
Gust Probst was the first person to cross the metal truss bridge on Jan. 1, 1924.
- Pony truss bridge over Belt Creek on Bridge Street in Belt
- Cascade County, Montana
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Being relocated in 2011 to private property: Tom Williams Worldwide Ministries at 509 Belt Creek Road, which is 3.7 miles downstream from Belt.
- Built 1922
- Riveted Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 89.9 ft.
Total length: 92.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.38694, -110.92583 (decimal degrees)
47°23'13" N, 110°55'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/505597/5248167 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory number
- BH 22996 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 97 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 22, 2012: HAER photos posted by J.P.
- July 4, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated Status and Info
- April 20, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- April 19, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- March 22, 2008: New photos from James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER MT-124 - Belt Creek Bridge, Spanning Belt Creek at Belt Street, Belt, Cascade County, MT