Bala Street Bridge
Bala Street Bridge Crow Agency MT
View from the south
Photo taken by David Jones in November 2018
BH Photo #438788
Even though this bridge is a copy-cat prestressed bridge, it does have some "historic" significance here in our state. According to Jon Axline in his book "Monuments Above the Water", this is the first standardized prestressed concrete bridge built in Montana. It carries Bala Street in Crow Agency across the Little Big Horn River. Jon Axline - "Monuments Above the Water - Montana's Historic Bridges 1860-1956". Information is found on page 74.
- Bridge over Little Big Horn River on Bala Street
- Crow Agency, Big Horn County, Montana
- Open to traffic
- First standardized prestressed concrete bridge in Montana
- - Montana Department of Transportation
- Concrete prestressed
Length of largest span: 51.8 ft.
Total length: 155.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.59722, -107.45976 (decimal degrees)
45°35'50" N, 107°27'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/308158/5052239 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83579 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 22, 2018: New photos from David Jones
- David Jones - david2jpix [at] yahoo [dot] com