Kiln-Picayune Road-Orphan Creek Bridge
Second berm and warning sign in front of the western approach
Photo taken by Brian R. Warren in July 2021
BH Photo #501857
I believe this bridge collapsed in place sometime between the last NBI classification in 2013 and my recent visit in 2021. I could find no evidence on the internet that the county removed the bridge. The county has placed two warning signs and berms on the western side of the bridge on Kiln-Picayune Road slightly ahead of the mandatory detour onto Firetower Road.
- Beam bridge over Orphan Creek on Kiln-Picayune Road
- Hancock County, Mississippi
- Built 1959
Length of largest span: 19.0 ft.
Total length: 95.1 ft.
Deck width: 23.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.44403, -89.48269 (decimal degrees)
30°26'39" N, 89°28'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/261586/3370607 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 79124 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 27.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 25, 2021: Updated by Brian R. Warren: No longer exists
- October 29, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein