Old Merrill Bridge
Merrill Salem Road Bridge
Photo taken by Jared Rainer and Brandon Chumley in February 2009
BH Photo #154826
This bridge is is designated as an official Mississippi landmark by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
- Through truss bridge over Pascagoula River on Merrill - Salem Road
- George County, Mississippi
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- At risk for demolition and replacement. Replacement is favored by the county owner.
- Built 1928
- Two span Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 176.0 ft.
Total length: 848.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Also called
- Merrill - Salem Road Pascagoula River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.97784, -88.72702 (decimal degrees)
30°58'40" N, 88°43'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/335078/3428425 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory number
- BH 44065 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 21.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 18, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- February 25, 2015: New photos from James Baughn
- July 12, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Merged NBI, Updated To Reflect Closure and Demo Risk
- April 22, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- February 10, 2010: Added by Jared Rainer
- Jared Rainer - chumrain [at] bayspringstel [dot] net
- Nathan Holth