Black Bridge St Francis River E. of Patterson, 1945
Built in 1916 for Wayne County, this 'Black Bridge'replaced the first 'Black Bridge' built in 1905-06 by the Vincennes Bridge Co. on land donated on the west bank of the St. Francis River by John Black. The earlier bridge was swept downstream during the great flood on Saturday August 21, 1915.
Pictorial History of Wayne County
BH Photo #329673