This bridge crossed the Meramec River at Times Beach, just east of Eureka. In 1926, US 66 was designated, putting a label on a string of existing roads. This early alignment of US 66 was along what in 2013 is called MO 100 and Manchester Road. This passed well to the north and did not cross the Meramec here.
Shortly after being designated, a new alignment was planned for US 66. It would go from Watson Road to Gray Summit. This alignment required a bridge over the Meramec in Fenton and here at Times Beach. These two bridges were built about 1931, and a couple years after being completed, the Votaw bridge was removed.
One of the spans and an approach span was moved to Jefferson County where it carried Klondike Road over Big River until 1993 when it was replaced.
- Lost two-span through truss bridge over the Meramec River on the former old U. S. Highway 66 entrance to Times Beach
- Times Beach, St. Louis County, Missouri
- Replaced by the current Meramec River U. S. 66 bridge
- Built in 1900; removed in 1933
- - St. Louis Bridge & Iron Co. of St. Louis, Missouri
- Pair of 10-panel Camelback Parker through truss spans, each 225 ft. long, one 3-panel Pratt pony truss, 50 ft. long.
Length of largest span: 225.0 ft.
Total length: 550.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.50565, -90.59202 (decimal degrees)
38°30'20" N, 90°35'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/709968/4264668 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49132 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 3, 2017: New photo from James Baughn
- August 23, 2013: Updated by Fmiser: Added categories "Relocated", "Original location", "Pin-connected"
- August 9, 2013: Updated by Fmiser: changed type from "lattice" to camleback parker", added approach span type, wrote description
- July 20, 2011: Updated by Mark Dellbringge: Added builder and some dimensions
- July 18, 2011: Added by Mark Dellbringge
- Mark Dellbringge
- Postcard - Labeled as a Department of Transportation image
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com