US61 Lemay Ferry Bridge
This aging bridge had to be replaced because it could not handle the traffic that used it on a daily basis. It had a low vertical clearance of 13 feet 8 inches, and the overhead bracing was damaged.
- Lost two-span through truss bridge over the Meramec River on U. S. Highway 61 / 67 north of Arnold in Oakville
- Arnold, St. Louis County, Missouri, and Jefferson County, Missouri
- Replaced by UCEB
- Built in 1933; replaced by UCEB in 2004
- - Samuel Kraus Co. (Contractor)
- Pair of riveted, skewed 9-panel Parker through trusses
Length of largest span: 211.2 ft.
Total length: 844.9 ft.
Deck width: 42.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.8 ft.
- Also called
- US61 Meramec River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.45681, -90.36098 (decimal degrees)
38°27'25" N, 90°21'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/730272/4259800 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 43 N., R. 6 E., Sec. 16
- 423 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- MoDOT K-205 (Missouri Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
MONBI 5714 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 22641 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 18, 2011: Updated by Mark Dellbringge: Corrected vertical clearance on bridge to 13'-8", added short description