Two Mile Creek Bridge
This bridge is located on a high-speed stretch of North Lindbergh Boulevard, accessible via U-turn ramps on either side. MoDOT removed the stone balustrades that once graced this bridge during the 1977 rehabilitation, and replaced them with ordinary concrete and steel guardrails which now makes it rather mundane-looking. But at least they left intact the stone-cladded arch span (see third photo).
Two Mile Creek drains into Deer Creek.
Photo taken by Mark Dellbringge in October 2010
BH Photo #180646
This bridge had stone balustrades when it was built in 1930, they were removed in 1977.
- Arch bridge over Two Mile Creek on North Lindbergh Boulevard (U. S. Highway 61 / 67) in Huntleigh
- Huntleigh, St. Louis County, Missouri
- Open to four lanes of traffic
- Built 1930; rehabilitated 1977 (stone balustrades removed, but stone arch structure and abutments remain intact)
- - W.C. McNeely Construction Co. (Contractor)
- Closed-spandrel concrete arch
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 122.0 ft.
Deck width: 74.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.61432, -90.40600 (decimal degrees)
38°36'52" N, 90°24'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/725850/4277170 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 45 N., R. 5 E., Sec. 25
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- MoDOT H-990R (Missouri Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
MONBI 5191 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 22663 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 77.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 4, 2010: Updated by Mark Dellbringge: Fixed with appraisal data from NBI, bridge is not deficient
- October 3, 2010: Updated by Mark Dellbringge: Added description and modified overview to show two U. S. Highways cross bridge
- March 5, 2009: Updated by Justin Zeid