MoPac - Tholozan Avenue Overpass
Looking southwest along old right of way
We start here, two blocks away from the old bridge site. The Missouri Pacific Railroad operated a railroad spur, which connected with the mainline just west of Morganford and Fairview, and had its southern terminus near the old Venture Store (now Burlington Coat Factory) on Christy Boulevard.
Pictured here is the old grade crossing on Oleatha Avenue.
Photo taken by Mark Dellbringge in July 2011
BH Photo #205470
Written by Joe Leets
This spur was used to serve industrial factories in the area. This spur once crossed Chippewa Street and continue to the other side. This bridge had its terminus near Burlington Coat Factory.
- Lost slab bridge over Tholozan Avenue on abandoned Missouri Pacific Railroad spur
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Removed in 2000 after spur had been abandoned
- - Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP; MoPac)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.59383, -90.27043 (decimal degrees)
38°35'38" N, 90°16'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/737723/4275238 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Webster Groves
- Inventory number
- BH 49131 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 31, 2012: Essay added by Joe Leets
- July 25, 2011: New photos from Mark Dellbringge
- July 18, 2011: Added by Mark Dellbringge