South Kingshighway Boulevard MetroLink Overpass
Guard rail along western edge set in stone footings
Photo taken by Mark Dellbringge in August 2010
Only the western guard rail of this bridge is visible from South Kingshighway Boulevard. It is part of a tunnel that runs under S. Kingshighway and the hospital builidings to its east, all the way over to Euclid Avenue. The tunnel is used by the MetroLink light rail system.
- Steel stringer bridge over the MetroLink on South Kingshighway Boulevard in St. Louis
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1937
- - MetroLink (BSDA)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Steel stringer with stone abutments
Span length: 45.9 ft.
Total length: 45.9 ft.
Deck width: 91.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.63728, -90.26611 (decimal degrees)
38°38'14" N, 90°15'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/737956/4280072 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 45 N., R. 7 E., Sec. 18
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 12950 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 45933 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 60.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- January 28, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "MetroLink"
- February 12, 2011: Updated by Mark Dellbringge: Clarified description; updated with data from 2010 NBI.
- August 22, 2010: New photos from Mark Dellbringge
- August 19, 2010: Added by Mark Dellbringge