Graveyard Ford Bridge
Name changed based on info below from Rusty Weisman.
Unconfirmed but a friend says this bridge is closed now. Hate to hear this news, I loved to visit this bridge quite often.
- Bedstead pony truss bridge over Black Creek on CR 342
- Shelby County, Missouri
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Available for adaptive reuse. Deadline for proposals is Oct. 1, 2018. See: http://www.modot.org/freebridges/GillisBridge.htm
- Built 1908 by the Michelmann Steel Construction Co.
- - Michelmann Steel Construction Co. of Quincy, Illinois
- Pin-connected, 5-panel Pratt bedstead pony truss
Length of largest span: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 81.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.8 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Baker Ford Bridge
formerly believed to be Gillis Bridge in error.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.76841, -91.97630 (decimal degrees)
39°46'06" N, 91°58'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/587677/4402555 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 57 N., R. 10 W., Sec. 2
- 680 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- MO 102-321001.2 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 21737 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 22549 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 21.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 25, 2019: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Have been informed by friend that bridge is presently closed.
- May 29, 2018: Updated by James Baughn: Bridge is available for adaptive reuse
- December 11, 2017: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- November 30, 2017: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- June 22, 2015: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- May 6, 2010: New photos from James Baughn