Shelby CR2431 #1
Looking south at 28X Zoom
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard in June 21, 2015
BH Photo #330158
This bridge probably carried the North-South traffic that is now carried by MO Rt 15. Guessing Rt 15 was built around 1930's like other similar improved state roads and the main road moved east about 1/4 mile. At some point the bridge carried local/bypass traffic and probably deteriorated so that the lower end of CR2431 was abandoned, ending at a private resident/farm house. It has been closed as long as I can remember (35 years).It is on private property, and requires a decent telephoto or zoom lens to see it. Hoping to get a better view this fall w/permission. Dimensions, builder, dates, etc estimated.
- Abandoned 3 Panel Bedstead Pratt pony truss bridge over Mesner Creek
- Shelby County, Missouri
- Future prospects
- Not going anywhere soon but the deck has disappeared in the last 15 years or so.
- Built c1908
- - Michelmann Steel Construction Co. of Quincy, Illinois (Likely)
- Bedstead Pratt pony truss, very similar to Gillis Bridge on Shelby CR342.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.86084, -92.03060 (decimal degrees)
39°51'39" N, 92°01'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/582915/4412761 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 68139 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 22, 2015: Bridge added by K. Allen Ballard
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com