Overview from the south
Photo taken by Clark Vance in August 2013
BH Photo #262001
According to a local resident this is called the Berry
- Through truss bridge over Blackwater River on CR 315 southeast of Sweet Springs
- Saline County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1929 by the Kansas City Bridge Co.
- - Kansas City Bridge Co. of Kansas City, Missouri
- North approach: Riveted, 4-panel Pratt pony truss
Main span: Riveted, 8-panel Pratt through truss
South approach: Riveted Warren pony truss, alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 140.1 ft.
Total length: 241.2 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- Blackwater River CR 315 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.94160, -93.39617 (decimal degrees)
38°56'30" N, 93°23'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/465666/4310370 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Sweet Springs
- Land survey
- T. 48 N., R. 23 W., Sec. 13
- 652 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 23875 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 36131 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 21.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- February 20, 2014: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- August 7, 2013: New photos from Clark Vance
- March 20, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added local name