Main Street Bridge
The water was up from a week of rain. There wasn't any visible warning that the road was closed but it might be under the water.
Photo taken by Clark Vance in December 2015
BH Photo #344745
A set of Lally columns are still visible on Google aerial imagery.
According to a local it was gone when he arrived in 1991. A replacement was promised but has not been built.
Another local states it was a through truss with a wooden deck, a third says it was hauled off intact and may have been relocated.
- Lost Truss bridge over Davis Creek on CR 330/Main Street Sweet Springs
- Sweet Springs, Saline County, Missouri
- Removed but not replaced
- Also called
- Davis Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.96209, -93.42490 (decimal degrees)
38°57'44" N, 93°25'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/463187/4312655 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 48 N., R. 23 W., Sec. 10
- 667 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 69283 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 30, 2015: New photo from Clark Vance
- December 29, 2015: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "Lally columns", "One-lane traffic", "Wooden deck"
- September 20, 2015: Added by James Baughn
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com