StL&H - Camp Creek Bridge
Camp Creek #1
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard November 21, 2017
BH Photo #412022
The St. Louis & Hannibal was once owned by the John Ringling of the famous circus family. John Ringling North (nephew) was the last owner. This last portion of the StLH&RR was abandoned in May 1944 and its' assets liquidated over the next 10 years by local lawyer Harry Carstarphen.
This bridge is easy to get to, easily viewed, explored and photographed.
- Abandoned concrete deck girder bridge over Camp Creek on St. Louis & Hannibal RR
- Ralls County, Missouri
- Future prospects
- Abandoned in place; left to the elements.
- Originally, the span here was likely a Wooden Pile trestle. During the early part of 1900 the 'Short Line' replaced their wooden trestle bridges with concrete versions like this.
- - Unknown
- - St. Louis & Hannibal Railroad (StL&H)
- Concrete deck girder & concrete wing walls.
- Also called
- Mile Post 5.0
Camp Creek Flag Stop Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.63505, -91.38807 (decimal degrees)
39°38'06" N, 91°23'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/638326/4388494 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Hannibal West
- Inventory number
- BH 79553 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 28, 2017: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- November 27, 2017: Added by K. Allen Ballard
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com