News Brief On Replacement Project.
MoDOT in conjunction with KCP&L is replacing the BNSF railroad bridge just north of Weston. Awarded to L.G. Barcus and Sons, Inc., this $3.7 million cost-share project with KCP&L will replace the 73 year-old-structure. Currently, the more than 6900 motorists driving through the area daily see construction of the new bridge to the west of the existing structure. Higher traffic volumes and larger truck loads have made it necessary for MoDOT to address this ailing bridge.
- Lost pony plate girder bridge over BNSF Railway on MO 45
- Platte County, Missouri
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1936
- - Mike Haase of St. Joseph, Missouri (Contractor)
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Pony/through plate girder
Length of largest span: 115.5 ft.
Total length: 327.1 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.43889, -94.94179 (decimal degrees)
39°26'20" N, 94°56'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/332894/4367281 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 54 N., R. 36 W., Sec. 33
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 5905 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
MoDOT K-698 (Missouri Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 42849 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2010)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 29, 2010: Essay added by Nathan Holth
- June 21, 2009: Added by James Baughn