Interurban Road Todd Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Clark Vance in February 2012
BH Photo #225088
Additional pictures and history found here:
Built by the The Kansas City, Clay County, and St. Joseph Interurban Railway which started construction in 1911 and opened in 1913. Robert P. Woods of Indianapolis, consulting engineer. Operation ceased in March 1933.
- Concrete arch bridge over Todd Creek on NW Interurban Road in Kansas City
- Kansas City, Platte County, Missouri
- Bypassed by new bridge
- Built 1912
- - Robert P. Woods of Indianapolis, Indiana (Consulting Engineer)
- - Interurban
- Kansas City, Clay County & St. Joseph Railway (KCCC&StJ)
- Luten Arch
Length of largest span: 51.8 ft.
Total length: 109.9 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- KCCC&StJ - Todd Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.33827, -94.68047 (decimal degrees)
39°20'18" N, 94°40'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/355176/4355662 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 52 N., R. 34 W., Sec. 11
- Inventory numbers
- MoDOT N-236B11 (Missouri Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
MONBI 25373 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 22355 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2008)
- Deck condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 23.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- February 28, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- September 11, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- October 21, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Interurban"
- October 20, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed category "Other Interurban" as we know which railroad used this bridge
- October 20, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "Other Interurban", "railroad"
- September 9, 2012: New photo from Mark Frazier
- June 28, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Linked to related bridges
- March 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Rail-to-road"
- February 9, 2012: New photos from Clark Vance
- December 2, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Added link to interurban RR history of this bridge
- April 29, 2010: New Street View added by James Baughn
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Mark Frazier - mfrazier404 [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com