Little Buffalo Creek Bridge
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard in February 8, 2015
BH Photo #315494
Nearby landowners Boyd Shotten said he believed his grandfather, Paul Shotten, bought the materials from the County and constructed the bridge himself. The elder Mr. Shotten was experienced at bridgebuilding. No idea of exactly when it was built yet.
- Pony truss bridge over 'Little' Buffalo Creek on CR 218
- Pike County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Bridge seems in very good condition, good abutments, low water crossing available south of bridge.
- Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 35.1 ft.
Total length: 36.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- Old Bridge at Pike 218, Pike County Road 218 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.30667, -91.07333 (decimal degrees)
39°18'24" N, 91°04'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/666117/4352578 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 52 N., R. 2 W., Sec. 1
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- MO 082-125001.1 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 16574 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 22330 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 38.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 8, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Updated name, description; Add photos since none were available.
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com