MO 8 over Dry Fork Creek Bridge
Oblique view facing north west
Photo taken by Fmiser in July 2013
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #288330
A nondescript steel stringer with concrete deck and steel railings. It was build just downstream of the truss bridge it replaced. The current road alignment is much straighter than the old one.
The creek that runs next to MO 8 east of the bridge was re-routed to stay south of the road rather than follow it's original course which had it's mouth into Dry Fork Creek just north of the road. In doing this, a deep channel was cut through the old road alignment.
The west caissons and east abutment from the old bridge are still visible south of the current bridge.
- Lost steel stringer bridge over Dry Fork Creek on MO 8 and MO 68
- Phelps County, Missouri
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1948; rehabilitated 1985; replaced 2015
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 80.1 ft.
Total length: 378.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.96486, -91.58042 (decimal degrees)
37°57'53" N, 91°34'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/624697/4202866 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Maramec Spring
- Land survey
- T. 38 N., R. 6 W., Sec. 33
- 835 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 6111 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 57480 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 26.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 18, 2016: New Street View added by David Backlin
- December 17, 2016: Updated by James Baughn: Bridge has been replaced
- July 12, 2014: Updated by Fmiser: Added information about the replacement bridge
- August 8, 2013: Added by Fmiser
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net