RI - East Sugar Creek Bridge
Easy access to the creek for pictures
Photo taken by Clark Vance in July 2012
BH Photo #249628
This Bridge was numbered 1355, Indicating that it was 135.5 Miles west of Carrie Ave. in St. Louis, MO. It was the first of three crossings over Sugar Creek built by the CRI&P Railroad during its 1903 expansion between St. Louis and Kansas City, MO. Regular service was discontinued in August of 1979.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Sugar Creek on CRI&P RR
- Osage County, Missouri
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built ca 1902
- - A.J. Tullock of Leavenworth, Kansas
- American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- 150' pinned Pratt through truss
Span length: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 150.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.30980, -92.18236 (decimal degrees)
38°18'35" N, 92°10'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/571484/4240505 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- Inventory numbers
- Rock Island MO Division 1335
BH 52884 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 30, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- December 1, 2014: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "American Bridge Co."
- March 2, 2013: New photos from Clark Vance
- November 21, 2012: Updated by Brian Parkinson: Discription added. History Added.
- July 13, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad"
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Brian Parkinson - railstoruin [at] yahoo [dot] com