Union Covered Bridge 25-69-02
Bridge is scheduled to undergo another restoration including removal of a nearly 21" sag in the center. The siding has been removed as well. Unfortunately, the timing is very poor as our area has been getting really soaked the last few days and the Elk Fork is nearly touching the lower parts of the bridge. With the siding removed, the bridge is significantly weakened. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for dryer weather quickly.
- Covered bridge over Elk Fork Salt River, just off Route C southwest of Paris
- Monroe County, Missouri
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1870-71 by Joseph C. Elliott; closed to traffic in 1970; rehabilitated 1987-88
- - Joseph C. Elliott of Payson, Illinois
- Covered double Burr arch truss
Span length: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 120.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 15, 1970
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.43283, -92.10247 (decimal degrees)
39°25'58" N, 92°06'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/577243/4365194 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Paris West
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 25-69-02 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 70000342 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 22133 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 8, 2019: New photos from Joe Sonderman
- May 21, 2018: New photos from Rusty Weisman
- March 27, 2018: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Bridge is presently in danger of the swollen Elk Fork and the bridge is significantly weakened w/o it's siding. SEE DESCRIPTION notes.
- January 23, 2013: New photos from Diane Martin
- January 11, 2007: Posted all new photos