Tuscumbia Swinging Bridge
BH Photo #106313
Built for the Tuscumbia Bridge Company by Joseph Dice and operated as a toll bridge. MO highway 17 had a break at the river so residents successfully lobbied for a wider, free bridge which replaced this one in 1932, completing MO 17 through the county.
- Lost swinging bridge over Osage River at Tuscumbia on what is now MO 17
- Miller County, Missouri
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1905 by Joseph Dice; replaced 1932
- - Joseph Dice
- Wire suspension
Total length: 618.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.23483, -92.44961 (decimal degrees)
38°14'05" N, 92°26'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/548168/4232014 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 40 N., R. 14 W., Sec. 11
- Inventory number
- BH 22054 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 23, 2019: New photo from Joe Sonderman
- April 12, 2019: Updated by Clark Vance: History and data
- April 2, 2007: Posted photos of remaining artifacts