West Sugar Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Clark Vance in July 2012
This bridge is the second of three identical spans built by the CRI&P Railroad over Sugar Creek west of Meta, MO. It carried trains from its construction in 1903 until its disuse in 1979.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Sugar Creek on CRI&P RR
- Miller County, Missouri
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built ca 1903 by the CRI&P RR
- Pinned Pratt truss with deck girder approach spans
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.31126, -92.20806 (decimal degrees)
38°18'41" N, 92°12'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/569236/4240647 (zone/easting/northing)
- 580 ft. above sea level
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 52862 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 21, 2012: Updated by Brian Parkinson: Description added.
- July 12, 2012: New photos from Clark Vance
- July 11, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad"
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Brian Parkinson - railstoruin [at] yahoo [dot] com