Old US61 Taylor Bridge
Abutments for the previous bridge still remain upstream of the current bridge; this was likely a Camelback design as was the Wakonda River Bridge in LaGrange replaced about the same time. The LaGrange bridge or possibly the previous Taylor bridge was moved to Steffenville, MO and it still remains there as of 2018. See Deacon/Mesmer Bridge, Shelby County, MO.
- Through truss bridge over North Fabius River on CR 313 (Old US 24/61)
- Marion County, Missouri
- Closed pending replacement
- Future prospects
- Scheduled for replacement 2018-19
- Built 1929, replacing an earlier bridge, likely a camelback design similar to the one in LaGrange, MO over the Wakonda River.
- Riveted, 10-panel Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 201.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.93655, -91.52522 (decimal degrees)
39°56'12" N, 91°31'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/626006/4421755 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 59 N., R. 6 W., Sec. 2
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- MO 064-304000.7 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 21384 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 22015 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 23, 2018: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Update some description and historical references.
- February 2, 2018: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- February 2, 2018: Updated by David Backlin: Updated to Closed
- April 3, 2006: Posted new photos