2 votes

South Fabius River CR 159 Bridge


North portal

Photo taken by James Baughn in May 2010


Request this photo

BH Photo #164513



There is evidence near & below bridge to indicate a previous bridge, likely a Parker Through Truss, again likely something plain & non-descript like Lyell Ford bridge upstream from this location. This bridge may have been relocated here, but a 1992 MODOT report appears to suggest that it was erected here in 1930.


Through truss bridge over South Fabius River on CR 159
Marion County, Missouri
Open to traffic
Future prospects
Currently is daily use. Posted 13 ton limit.
Built ca. 1930; probably relocated or erected here to replace Pratt Thru Truss.
- Inland Steel Co. of East Chicago, Indiana
Riveted, 8-panel Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 140.1 ft.
Total length: 141.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.6 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+39.86135, -91.68716   (decimal degrees)
39°51'41" N, 91°41'14" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
15/612291/4413193 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Land survey
T. 59 N., R. 7 W., Sec. 33
Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
Inventory numbers
MO 064-051001.8 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 13915 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
MODOT MARN06, report dated 1992, Clayton B. Fraser.
BH 22012 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection report (as of February 2017)
Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 61.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com

Update Log 

  • January 18, 2018: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
  • May 7, 2010: New photos from James Baughn



South Fabius River CR 159 Bridge
Posted April 7, 2018, by Anonymous

The older bridge looks like it was several yards to the Southwest of the current one too, probably related to the lonely post shown in photo 9 and 7.

South Fabius River CR 159 Bridge
Posted April 7, 2018, by MFT

It looks like there was a different bridge here in 1960. Somewhere between 1960 and 1995 the bridge was changed out to the current truss.